The HTC One (M8) launch event is over, yet we still are very excited! It seems that HTC did it again – right from this place I’m telling you – this will be the best smartphone of the 2014!
Here are some official pictures:
As you can see HTC One (M8) comes in a 3 colours - Gunmetal Grey, Amber Gold and Glacial Silver. Personally I love the first one - Gunmetal Grey. It looks gorgeous!
Here are the highlights that stand out the most:
- A more refined design: it's 90% metal now, with the metal wrapping up the side (the HTC One was 70% metal). The gunmetal grey is simply gorgeous and has this great texture to it. The entire phone is more solidly constructed.
- Bigger Battery: with a 2600 mAH battery, it lasts longer.
- Bigger Storage: Yes, it's true, there is a microSD slot in there, and it supports up to 128 GB of storage. How's that for mind-blowing?
- Bigger Screen: 5 inches is a nice size; not so huge like the One Max, but noticeably bigger than the 4.7 inch screen on the HTC One.
- Better BoomSound: The audio quality from the dual-front facing speakers on the HTC One was great...but you wouldn't believe how much better the new HTC One (M8) sounds! Richer, fuller audio with a wider sound. It's 25% louder, yes, but the audio quality is dramatically better.
- A Better Camera Experience: It's a 4 megapixel UltraPixel sensor, but we switched to a new provider for the sensor, completely addressed the pink tint issue, added a second sensor to get depth/spatial information (which allows for some great camera effects). Image quality is simply better.
And here is the official full specification:
- COLORS: Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver, Amber Gold
- DISPLAY: 5.0 inch, Full HD 1080p Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- CPU SPEED: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor / 2.5GHz quad-core CPU in Asia/China / 2.3GHz quad-core CPU in US/EMEA
- PLATFORM ANDROID: Android™ 4.4 with HTC Sense 6, HTC BlinkFeed
- SIM CARD TYPE: nanoSIM
- CAMERA: Duo camera. Primary Camera: HTC UltraPixel camera , BSI sensor
- 2.0 um, sensor size 1/3”, ƒ/2.0, 28mm lens. HTC ImageChip 2. 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video. Secondary camera: capture depth information. Front Camera: 5MP, ƒ/2.0, BSI sensor, wide angle lens with HDR capability, 1080p Full HD video recording Gallery with UFocus, Dimension Plus, Seasons, Foregrounder, Image match.
- MEMORY: Total storage: 16GB/32GB, available capacity varies. Expansion card slot supports microSD™ memory card for up to 128GB additional storage
- RAM: 2 GB DDR3
- BATTERY: Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery. Capacity: 2600 mAh
- Talk time: Up to 20 hours for 3G
- Standby time: Up to 496 hours for 3G
- Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- DC output: 5V and 1.5 A
- GPS: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS, Digital compass
- SENSORS: Gyro sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Barometer
- CONNECTIVITY(3): 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC (3), Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptX™ enabled
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz) DLNA®, HTC Connect
- Micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection
- SOUND ENHANCEMENT: HTC BoomSound, Dual front-facing stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers, HTC Sense Voice
- Dimensions (LxWxT): 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
- Weight: 160g
- 2G/ 2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G - WCDMA:
- EMEA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
- Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
- AT&T: 850/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 21 Mbps
- Sprint: 850/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA up to 14.4 Mbps
- Verizon: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps
- Tmus: 850/AWS/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
- 3G - CDMA
- Sprint & Verizon: 800/1900 MHz4G - LTE:
- EMEA: 800/900/1800/2600 MHz
- Asia: 700/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz
- AT&T: 700/850/AWS/1800/1900/2600 MHz
- Sprint: FDD 800/1900 MHz , TDD 2600 MHz
- Verizon: 700/AWS/1800/2600 MHz
- T-Mobile: 700/AWS MHz
Have any questions or comments? Feel free to share! Also, if you like this article, please use media sharing buttons (Twitter, G+, Facebook) below this post!
For latest news follow Android Revolution HD on popular social platforms: